India faces critical challenges as a nation in its march towards a welfare state. Considering the nature of the challenges which are so unique, only rapid strides in the sector of science and technology, in resonance with India’s heritage can meet those challenges. In this context Vijnana Bharati, a science movement with swadeshi
spirit has a greater role to play. Vijnana Bharati has units in 22 states across the country. It is working in 11 different areas through autonomous institutions, independent organizations & also as project entities.
National Science Movement was started by a few eminent scientists from Indian Institute of Science- (Bengaluru) under the guidance of Prof. K. I. Vasu. This movement gradually gained momentum and emerged as an organization with national presence. In 1991(Oct 20-21), at the Nagpur meet, it was decided, to launch the Swadeshi Science Movement at all India Level and name it as Vijnana Bharati.
The foundation principle of Vijnana Bharati is made
• As a vibrant movement for the development of Swadeshi Sciences.
• As a dynamic Science Movement with a Swadeshi Spirit, interlinking traditional and modern sciences on one hand, natural and spiritual sciences on the other hand.
• As a Swadeshi Movement with modern sciences adapted to national needs.
Vijnana Bharati imbibes the spirit of scientific inquiry in the young by inculcating the ancient and modern day scientific contributions from India which kindles the spirit of creativity and science. This activity has resulted in locating the scientific talent among the youth and it is spreading year by year among the youth.
Vijnana Bharathi has already earned its niche as a trendsetter in imparting knowledge to the young generation across India and lately abroad through various activities, one of them being the Sastra Pratibha Contest.
Sastra Pratibha Contest is an inter-school science talent search contest initiated by Vijnana Bharathi which has been conducting this contest for years among the students in India and lately abroad.
The objectives of SPC are to:
• Introduce the youth to the rich scientific heritage of India in the field of Science and Technology in order to kindle a flair within the students for Science and Technology and to take up the subject as a career.
• Provide opportunities for students to realize their potential and nurture their talents.
• Identify, appreciate and guide the students with special aptitude for Science and Technology.
• Contribute towards INDIA VISION 2020 conceived by the former President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. (www.indiavision2020.org)
The toppers of the SPC have an opportunity to interact with top Indian scientists and also get career guidance
We firmly believe in the Indian thought, that the whole world is one family and serving humanity is the primary responsibility of each individual.